All the pros tell you that if you have a website, a blog or an online business, your success depends on engaging visitors and readers so you can compel them to become customers. And they’re right.
You’re told start a blog and build a loyal audience. You’re told to write interesting newsletters to promote your offerings. You’re told to make your website copy convincing and your sales pages compelling. You’re told to use social media, and guest post and write insightful comments on blogs.
A Copywriting Course Designed for Business Results
Damn Fine Words is an innovative online writing class for business owners. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a solopreneur, a freelancer, an in-house writer, a blogger, or even an editor, you need effective writing skills that help your business succeed.
That’s where this course comes in.
Damn Fine Words is a 10-week online copywriting course with 6 modules and 20 lessons that teach you specific writing techniques in a logical, progressive order, and you can view the course syllabus here.
Every skill builds on the one before it. Every lesson encourages you to practice, test your new skills in the members-only area, and immediately put your new-found writing techniques to work in your business.
You’ll see results after every single lesson: twice a week, every week.
You can access the course material online at any time of day or night, from wherever you feel most comfortable. Blending family, work and this course will be breezy.
Each lesson includes:
- A thorough breakdown of each writing technique you’ll learn and how it’s useful to your business
- Step-by-step instructions, including easy-to-follow examples and common problems to avoid
- Assignments and activities that get you to put words on the page and get feedback immediately
- Direct editing and suggestions from your peers and your instructors – including me, James
- Use It Now projects that encourage you to directly apply these skills to your business – today
You’ll learn writing strategies that help your business get more attention and more customers, including:
- How to write blog posts that get responses from readers without stressing you out
- How to write website copy that attracts your ideal reader – and gets them to buy from you
- How to create content that markets your business effectively and promotes your brand
- How to craft an engaging message that makes your audience sit up and take notice
- How to build safeguards into your writing process so you can stop worrying about mistakes
- How to write swift, professional emails that still sound like you
- How to sit down to write with confidence that your words will get the effect you’re looking for
You’ll put your new copywriting skills to use immediately in your business, allowing you to:
- Overhaul your website copy to get more conversions and sales
- Write that ebook you’ve been thinking about making for over a year
- Build a business blog that has loyal readers and real fans of your writing
- Pitch articles that market your business online, offline, and everywhere words are read
- Send out newsletters that your list actually looks forward to receiving
You’ll also have full 24/7 access to the valuable members-only area, where you can practice your new writing skills on your peers and get honest feedback from your peers before you put that copy to work for you business. No worries over what they’ll think – this is a safe environment, and they’ve got your back.
So do I.
I’ve been a professional copywriter and problogger for years, and I’ve built Men with Pens into one of the most respected blogs on writing and entrepreneurship. I know exactly how great writing (or the lack of it) affects your business, and I created this course to fix the problems every business owner encounters.
I created this course to help you. And I’m right there with you through the entire course, every step of the way.
I’ll be in the special members-only area with you every single day to answer questions, offer edits, make suggestions, provide feedback and support your learning process from so-so to damn fine writer. I’ll give you insight on what makes a good business, how writing contributes to getting results, and what you need to do to get past the roadblocks you’re encountering in your writing right now.
By the time you leave this course, your business will be transformed… and so will you.
Is This Online Writing Course for You?
If you already write well, if your blog is getting comments and shares on social media, if you can whip out a sales page without breaking a sweat and you never have to double-check an article for tone, writing voice or a great call to action, then you don’t need a copywriting class. You’re doing fine. Congratulations.
- If you lack confidence in your writing and know it could be better, then you need this course.
- If you can’t write a blog post that gets people excited to talk about it, you need this course.
- If your web copy isn’t pulling in sales and has needed a rewrite for months, you need this course.
- If you can’t seem to reach your ideal readers and no one opens your newsletters, you need this course.
- If you can’t make sales or conversions and you have no idea why, you need this course.
Every business needs good content, and yours is no exception. You can’t possibly afford to hire out all the copy and content you’ll need throughout the year, either. (If you can, get in touch. Let’s talk.)
You need to be confident in your own writing skills. You need to be confident in your ability to persuade a new client that you’re the right choice. You need to be confident that you know the difference between content that’ll work and content that won’t.
You need to eliminate the guesswork. The uncertainty. And the fear. You need to have writing skills for the sake of your business.
Damn Fine Words is for you.
You’ll be able to write articles and blog posts easily. You’ll write newsletters that engage your audience. You’ll be able to overhaul your website copy and improve your visitor experience – and your sales.
One student saw a 200% return on his course investment in just a few weeks. A second student wrote all her own website content using the course process and landed a new client 7 days after her site launched. Another started promoting herself through articles in trade publications, and got actively courted by a competing magazine to write articles for them, too.
You can do this too. These are normal people who run businesses just like you. They didn’t turn into Shakespeare overnight – they simply learned effective writing techniques, figured out what works better for their business, and discovered how to write for results.
It sounds simple, and writing is. But if you lack this simple skill, its absence can cripple your business.
Every marketing technique you use online relies on good writing. You’ve probably been putting off some of those techniques because you knew your writing wasn’t compelling or engaging enough to bring in new clients from a newsletter or a free ebook or your blog.
What if you knew – not thought, but knew – that your writing was that good?
Effective copywriting skills bring you more sales, more clients, and more results – now, and for years to come.
Smart business owners always invest in their business. And these skills will both make you money and save you money every single day you use them.
You’ll persuade clients faster and more easily. You’ll write killer sales pages you would have had to pay $3,000 (or more) for a professional to write for you. You’ll fill your blog with engaging posts. You’ll put products up for sale instead of hemming and hawing for a month because you’ll be confident the copy you write will work.
This course can change your entire business… and even your life.
Registration for the Damn Fine Words writing course opens on February 3 for the Spring 2014 semester.
In the meantime, join the Damn Fine Words waiting list newsletter. You’ll receive 30+ weeks of exclusive interviews, special writing tips, content-creation techniques and motivational tricks so you can begin immediately improving your skills – and your business results. You’ll also be notified when Damn Fine Words opens to new students for the spring 2014 semester.
Already a member? Click here to login.